The purposes of the Association are:
- Develop an educational program for the interpretation and application of applicable codes, standards, and ordinances pertaining to the installation, inspection, testing and servicing of fire detection and alarm systems within the State of Texas.
- Initiate and support sound legislation affecting the development, application, and enforcement of codes, standards and ordinances pertaining to fire detection and alarm systems and safety of life and property.
- Establish a working relationship with all levels of authorities having jurisdiction over the development, implementation and enforcement of codes, standards, standards and ordinances pertaining to fire detection and alarm systems and safety of life and property.
- Develop and provide educational training and technical data and liaison to the Fire Service, Political Subdivisions, Boards, Commissions, Agencies or Individuals regarding the interpretation and application of codes standards and ordinances pertaining to fire detection and alarm systems and safety of life and property.
- Develop progressive professional standards for the improvement of fire detection and alarm systems application, installation, inspection, testing, and service throughout the industry to enhance safety of life and property.
- Develop a Business Code of Ethics for the Association which shall be aided by and enforced by all members and recognized by all with whom the Association does business.
- Develop and provide intercommunication and information on all matters of interest to Association members.
TFAA 5-16 MEETING AGENDA
9:00am - 9:15am
I. Networking, Sign In, Continental Breakfast
9:15am – 9:45am
II. Call to order – Paul Mitchell
A. Pledge of Allegiance
III. Attendee Self Introduction
IV. Reading and Approval of Meeting Minutes from last meeting – Piper Wick
V. Reports from Directors
B. Treasurer’s Report – JJ Moore
C. Presidents Report – Paul Mitchell
a. New BOD member – Bill Williams
D. NFPA 72 updates – Kirk Wells; Website Updates – Donnie Duplechian
9:45am – 10:30am
VI. State of Texas Fire Marshall’s Office – Earnest McCloud 10:30am – 11:45am
Cobham Wireless / DAS – Anne McGee Lunch – 11:45am – 12:30pm
12:30pm – 1:30pm
VII. Topaz Consulting – Aaron Heth
VIII. Business Meeting Adjournment – 2pm